The RAMPS 1.4 3D Printer Controller Board Arduino Mega Shield is designed to fit the entire electronics needed for a RepRap in one small package for low cost. RAMPS interfaces an Arduino Mega with the powerful Arduino MEGA platform and has plenty of room for expansion.
RAMPS can only work when connected to its motherboard Mega 2560 and A4988/DRV8825. Owning to its stability in operation and great compatibility with the most 3D printer . The combination of Ramps1.4 + MEGA2560 + A4988/DRV8825 is becoming a mainstream of DIY 3D printer control board.
Specifications & Features of RAMPS 1.4 3D Printer Controller Board Arduino Mega Shield :-
- Supply Voltage: 12V
- Standard interfaces (as that of the extruder)
- Reserved GCI like I2C and RS232
- 3 MOSFET’s are applied to the heater/ fan and thermistor circuit.
- Another 5A added to protect the component parts.
- An 11A fuse is added to the hotbed.
- Support 5 stepper drive board
- I2C and SPI are reserved for expanding
- All the MOSFET can be controlled by PWM
- Use the interface of the servo motor to adjust the level of the printing platform automatically.
- Adding an SD module for SD ramps module.
- LED can indicate the status of the heater (the open and close of MOS).
- Expandable to control other accessories.
- 2 stepper motor for Z axis in parallel.